First Post

Chuck Grosse is the pool designer and project manager with over 20 years in the pool and spa business.

 I just got back from the ASPS Pool and Spa Show in Las Vegas and found out just how far behind the times I have fallen. I was there representing my company by attending several of their informative seminar classes and seeing the exhibits on display from nearly everyone in the Pool and Outdoor Living industries.

It seems like everyone else nowadays is connected via Facebook and works on a weekly blog. This is my first attempt to join the crowd. Not too long ago I was one of the first to be "connected" via e-mail, but now there are so many neat new ways to keep up I'll just have to jump in and hit the ground running.

With my passion for quality pool building and my love for travel I have always wanted to write an informative piece about the pools I see while traveling in Mexico. It seems that many pool builders and even the biggest hotels still don't have a real focus on building a high quality pool down there. I think that maybe if a few of the builders down there see my blog, they might see themselves somewhere in my post and work on improving their own projects. I would also like to find a project myself somewhere south of the border to share my design skills and help a lucky client build a truly fabulous quality pool in Mexico.

Because of this, I am currently working on a blog article regarding common problems I see at almost every pool in Mexico. I am about 1/2 way done and should have it finished over the next week or so. Please subscribe to my blog and I will try to get out something informative a few times per month. Happy swimming!!!